From cupcakes to conference rooms, souffles to soccer games, one mom's mission to control the chaos...

Monday, July 5, 2010

Lagging!

I’m so sorry that I’ve been lagging on the blog! The past couple of weeks have been chaotic, but I’m here! First last  Thursday, my employer blocked Blogger so I couldn’t access it. I can’t even view it! First my Facebook is blocked now this! Ugh! Then Thursday night, my little monster graduated from preschool and we had a little party at our house afterward. I take the weekends off and enjoy quality time with Dani and Jonny. This past weekend Dani was with her dad and Jonny and I spent literally the entire weekend eating and sleeping! It was WONDERFUL. I needed a weekend of nothing.

Two Friday's ago Jonny made BBQed pulled pork sandwiches in the croc pot and we had a couple friends over to have dinner and movie night. It has kind of become a once a month tradition. Jonny doesn’t give himself enough credit when it comes to cooking. It was super yummy! Props babe!

I did wake up Saturday morning before him, ate a bowl of cereal (which I made him buy me to keep at his apartment for me since SOMEONE is a lazy butt and doesn’t like when I wake him up before 8am because I’m starving,) so I got up, ate, saw that my good friend Alisha that lives around the corner from Jonny was up and on Facebook, hit her up and went for a nice little walk around Seal Beach. When I got back to the apartment, Jonny was up and we cuddled and watched TV…until we started watching a Food Network special on BBQ and fried foods. So we hopped in the car and headed to Long Beach to have lunch at Lucille’s. Delicious! The midwest part of me came out and actually got Jonny to try fried okra. After taking a little walk to try to digest the massive amount of food we ate, we took a much needed nap before getting all dressed up for date night. I love our date nights. We went to The Melting Pot. Jonny had never been there before and I’ve only been there once, and it was so nice to get all dolled up, hold hands and experience something new together. After that, we pretty much just went to bed!

Sunday was Father’s Day. A day I have mixed emotions about. Being that I have no contact whatsoever with my father and haven’t for the past 25 years, I’ve never really celebrated it. Of course when Danica’s father and I were married, we celebrated, but now that we are divorced I want to know, where is MY freakin’ Father’s Day present? Where are the Halmark cards for single moms that play both roles?! Maybe that should be my next venture. Anyways, I did get Happy Father’s Day wishes from friends and family since I’m sorry, I AM both mother and father. I have no problem saying that. Jonny is so sweet, we took the bike (his baby) out for a ride on Sunday morning to grab a cinnamon roll from Cinnabon and rode down PCH and had lunch at Ruby’s in Newport Beach. (I’m sorry that I keep writing about our beaches here in Southern California. It’s one of the perks of living here!) So that was my Father’s Day present; a nice ride on the motorcycle, lunch with my Muffin and ANOTHER nap! I could get used to this whole nap thing!

Dani finally came home on Sunday afternoon and it’s always the part of the weekend I look forward to. Knowing the feeling of that first hug after she’s been gone for two days makes missing her tolerable. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to have a break every other weekend and for a few hours during the week after a long and stressful day at work, but that little girl is my life. When she’s gone, my heart hurts. But unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do.

I hope all you single mommy’s had a great 2 Role Holiday and all your hubby’s had a memorable Father’s Day!


No comments: